Are you interested in a career in Law?
In this highly competitive sector, work experience is a vital step if you are planning to pursue a career in law.
Students undertaking a work placement at Switalskis will gain a wide range of experience and the opportunity to improve their knowledge of the legal services industry. Your placement will involve job shadowing different lawyers, enabling you to gain a valuable insight into the workings of several legal departments.
There are two types of work experience programmes available: placements for A-level or equivalent level students, and summer placements for university students.
Please note that unfortunately we do not currently have any vacancies.
1. A-level / college students
- Available to anyone studying A-Levels or equivalent at local colleges.
- Applications should be made via your careers advisor at college or sixth form.
- We do not accept direct applicants for students under the age of 18 years.
2. University students
- Open to any 2nd year student on an undergraduate law programme.
- Placements will take place during the summer.
- Successful applicants will spend a week in departments such as: Child Care Law; Child Abuse Claims; Clinical Negligence; Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, marketing and/or IT.
- Applicants will be selected based on merit. In your application please provide details of:
- A-levels achieved
- Previous work experience
- Extra curricular activities / volunteering