Selling your home this summer? Here are our top tips for choosing the conveyancing solicitor that’s right for you…
Summer is here! And whilst many of us will be thinking about barbeques, holidays and even the World Cup, some will be preparing for one of the most stressful life events you can go through – moving home.
With the garden in full bloom, and (hopefully) some beautiful sunshine to greet your prospective buyers, the summer can be the best time of year to show off your home and attract potential buyers. And if you are thinking about selling your home, you will no doubt have found lots of tips and tricks on how to get your house looking its best.
But aside from trying to attract buyers, it is important to consider the practical aspects of selling your home. One of the most important parts of this is choosing a Conveyancing Lawyer to advise you on your sale. Conveyancers deal with all of the legal aspects of selling property, such as arranging surveys, drawing up the contract and dealing with mortgage lenders.
Whoever you choose to assist you with your sale, they will need to be capable of handling every aspect of a property transaction efficiently whilst keeping you in the loop. To help you choose the right Conveyancing Solicitor for your sale, here are five top tips from our Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited Conveyancing team:
- It is important to remember that you don’t have to go with your estate agent’s suggestion for your conveyancing. Think about whether the firm they have suggested is right for you. Do they offer regular updates or have they got a branch near your workplace? Don’t be afraid to shop around.
- If you have instructed a solicitor in the past it might be a good idea to let them know you are selling your home. They may be able to offer a conveyancing service, or they may be able to recommend someone to you.
- The cheapest quote may not be the best value for money. A conveyancing firm that charges less may not be able to offer the same reliable service or high level of client care. This can make all the difference when you’re seeking a quick and hassle-free sale.
- Be careful when comparing quotes! Ask for a quote in writing and always check if there are any hidden charges.
- Choose a firm that, like Switalskis, is accredited under the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS). Firms that meet the CQS quality standard have been rigorously assessed by the Law Society, so that you can have confidence in the quality and expertise of your conveyancing solicitor. In fact, some mortgage lenders will only work with solicitors that are CQS accredited, so this could be very important, depending on your lender.
By thinking carefully about your choice of conveyancing solicitor, you can make sure you have the best chance of a stress-free and straightforward sale.
We hope that have a fun-filled summer and wish you the best of luck if you are planning a house-move this year!
If you’d like to request a quote from our conveyancing solicitors, call us on 0800 138 0458, or complete our contact form and we’ll get in touch.